Monday, October 20, 2008

Glorious Day.

Today I taught at Kameyama Elementary School for the first time. I thought 2, 3, and 6th grade. If every day were as wonderful as today, I would stay in Moka, Japan for the rest of my life! 
The teachers and staff at Kameyama are amazing. They were so kind and so genuinely excited to have me at their school. They encouraged me so much in my feeble attempts at speaking some Japanese. The students were so cheerful and eager to learn. It was perfect - every teacher's dream!
The teachers also sent me home with homemade popcorn that the 1st graders made today and a strawberry pastry because they found out I like sweets.  To make the day even better, they sent my home at 2:00, which gave me time to go to the bank and the post office, and then relax at home. While at home, listening to good music and drinking a fruit smoothie, I re-discovered an email from one of my students at CBA (the school I taught at in California). Her name is Chi. She's 16, and in January, she came to my classroom straight from Vietnam, where she had only studied English for 2 months. She is now able to write a full length email telling me how much she misses me and how much she learned from me. What an amazing testimony to the way God uses me. And to think, 2 years ago, in Seville, Spain, I sat and argued with God, telling Her I wanted to be anything but a teacher. My how little I understand about God's plans, and how beautiful it is to be wrong.
May the joy I feel as I write this spill into your lives as you read it. Praise God. Amen.

No comments: