Monday, September 15, 2008

Success in the kitchen.

     I made miso soup today, and it was... Delicious! Meghan and Josiah can testify to it. I feel like a million bucks. I consider this a complete victory over all culinary insecurities! Tonight I'll set my rice cooker before bed so I can have traditional Japanese breakfast in the morning - miso soup and rice. Hopefully it will keep me full until lunch time, because cereal and milk have NOT been doing the trick. 
     Tomorrow is "bento day" (aka bring your own lunch to school day), and I told my English teacher I would cook myself something to eat for lunch, but today at the grocery store I bought a "bento" with sushi, rice and tofu for $3.00. I think it was a good purchase. It probably cost less than any meal I could prepare myself because groceries in Japan are super expensive. Because it's "bento day," I'll get to bring my own beverage as well, which will save me from the whole milk I am usually served with school lunch. Mm, so creamy...

No comments: